About SOS Bend
“The true creator is necessity, who is the mother of our invention.”
In the wealthiest nation on earth, the median small business has a cash runway of less than 27 days - this is unacceptable. Understanding how COVID-19 brought our small businesses across the nation to their knees is what brought us together to create SOS Bend.
We are a team of volunteers, creators and innovators, but most importantly we are members of our community brought together by shared beliefs in helping serve those that service each of us. Now, more than ever, we feel it is important to share the core beliefs that have brought us together.
- We believe in foundational principles of ethics, trust, facts, and integrity
- We believe that we can disagree vigorously if our foundational principles align
- We believe small businesses and non-profits are the very fabric of our economy
- We believe we are all stakeholders in our communities and that we must help and serve our local community small businesses and non-profits
- We believe that our personal economic and social return on investment is linked through the successes and failures of our community businesses and organizations
- We believe that the majority of people want to help make a difference
- We believe in problem solving and a bias towards action
- We believe that through great adversity can come the greatest new solutions to better us all
- We believe we must move fast and make things better
- We believe we must “leave it better than we found it”